Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Austinfull




Fun times in Austin last weekend with my friend of friends Lorraine. Alas we did not get to do any enameling ( hmpf), but Lorraine was set on making these paper scrap circles. They still have to be sewn. Not the ideal project for those who can not cut straight( that would be me), but we still had fun- even though she didn't serve me dinner that night!



We also had a shopping day. It was great to shop with a friend, but probably dangerous. We stopped here for refreshments. I ate way more than usual, but everything was so delicious. Frozen peach bellini was very tasty.



Lorraine also took me to a really nice antique store in Georgetown, TX where I purchased some baubles. I'm working on dressing up my tacky chandelier.


I have to say, everything is truly bigger in Texas. I cant wait to go back. Maybe she will even feed me dinner next time.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Maybe so! Xo

Jone Hallmark said...

Maybe next time you are off to Austin, we should rendezvous. I go periodically to see my mom and my brother and family. Wouldn't that be a blast?!

Hope you are well and ready for the holidays.
I have had some challenges, but am finding the creative times to be quite healing.
Love your doll - a LOT!
And, I know the antique store in Georgetown very well. My mom frequents it!
(I was born in G'town - my dad grew up there)

xoxoxoxo