Sunday, January 1, 2012

half by hand in artful journaling

It's here! I finally found it at one of our Barnes and Nobles so I just had to buy it. Riley came with me and was quite excited.
I'm even in the table of contents. As much as I am delighted to be represented in artful journaling and love how the pictures came out I am a bit baffled about one thing... In my article I was asked to write about my drawing style and my "characters," but half the pictures used don't even show my drawings or my journaling which I usually included on almost every page. I didn't know which pictures had been selected when I wrote the article. Oh well.
 This Twig and Fig page just had some images I liked that I glued onto a journal page. I am surprised I didn't add anything to this page when I worked on it. Glad this page with the two rabbits I painted was included. It is one of my favorite pages.
I think this page was selected  because of the cute rabbit made by the most wonderful Julie Arkell. When I was in France, my friend Sam was able to purchase this adorable rabbit from Julie. I was so mesmerized with her, I had to take photo after photo. Thanks Julie and Sam for allowing Rose Rabbit to be a published rabbit.
So all in all it's pretty cool to be in the magazine even if there were some better pages that could have been  used from my art journal... Maybe next time.

5 comments:

PaperPumpkin said...

Hi! Wow! Even ifyou are slightly baffled, I am feeling all bubbly and proud of you! Congratulations! I was just telling my family that one of my goals now, for the future, is to someday get published in Artful Blogging or Art Journaling Magazine, too. So, you are there! Thank you for visiting, and yes, I LOVED The Night Circus. LOVED it. I thought the final pages made for a spectacular ending too. Very thought provoking. Back to work on Tuesday January 3rd, you too? Ugh. NOT ready yet!!! Kathy

Renee said...

YAY I can't wait to get a copy - B&N here I come! Congratulations my friend!

laurie said...

i am so proud of you! regardless of the circumstance, you should be so thrilled with the recognition of your work. good for you! i can't wait to see what you will create in 2012.

jone hallmark said...

YAY!!
I, too, am glad that the "Two Rabbits" page is included in your article - one of my faves, too.

My experience is that they edit the articles we write to fit the space. I have had the same problem where the words I wrote do not quite coordinate with the photos they choose...oh well.
CONGRATULATIONS!! again, on being published.
I do not have a store that carries the magazine until I get down to Albuquerque, but I will certainly look for it!

Love to you, Taylor!!

Diane Foster said...

FANTASTIC! WELL DONE TAYLOR - YOUR WORK HAS BEEN PUBLISHED - EVEN IF ITS NOT EXACTLY WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE SELECTED - ITS STILL RECOGNITION AND WELL DESERVED TOO. I LOVE YOUR RABBIT PAGE - AND THE JULIE RABBITS ARE SOOO DELIGHTFUL. SOON WE WILL BE PAPERMACHE-ING ALONG WITH HER! CANT WAIT!
XX
DI