Wednesday, December 28, 2011

full of impatience (hope I spelled it right this time)

 Oh no, not again. Sorry for the delay in blogging. The kidney stone procedure had a longer recovery period than I had anticipated. I think I am now thankfully back to normal. Not a fun thing to have a little kidney stone kicking around.
Impatiently waiting to get my copy of Artful Journaling so I can see my article in the flesh. Usually the magazines from Stampington come earlier than this, but since I am waiting ever so impatiently I guess it takes awhile.
 Journaling has been hard with the kidney stone, but I managed to get a few pages done. Really hoped to do a kidney stone page, but just like the stone- it wasn't moving along.

 This drawing was made by one of my second grade artists, Brooklynn (yes a double n). I think it has a very interesting look to it. She always comes up with interesting artwork.
Ah a glance at Portugal. Have my usual wanderlust for traveling, but I shall be busy in January with a mini trip to Seattle for a birthday gal celebration and than England at the end of the month. Remember to direct me to places to go in London. I have three Jamie Oliver restaurants on my list but think I must narrow down the field to one or two. Not sure which to pick. I guess I will have to try the Italian. Maybe 15 to see what is going on there. Trying to get Riley to apply to apprentice there but I  seem more eager then he.

Alas vacation is winding down. I have been lucky to have so much time off. Hope all is well for all my blog readers. Oh yes bracelet give away is now in session. Leave a comment and tell me the first thing you would do in London/England. A random winner will be picked On January 6 to win a bracelet hand crafted by me.
cheerio

7 comments:

laurie said...

one of my favorite english activities is sitting down for a cup of real tea. and, along those lines, hanging out in a pub is a great way to get into the spirit!

PaperPumpkin said...

Hope you are feeling much better! I was in England in 1984 and I loved the Canterbury Cathedral and the beautiful choir singing unexpectedly when we were there...it still gives me goosebumps.

Lisa said...

Hey...when are you going to be in Seattle? If you have time we should meet for coffee.

I want to find fabric heaven that Dotty Angel mentioned in her blog:) I think I am going some time in January...maybe last week, but plans are up in the air.

Brece said...

Well, I would stop by Persephone Books, http://www.persephonebooks.co.uk/;
visit the Selvedge Drygoods Store
http://www.selvedge.org/pages/contact.aspx;
and then visit any of the cake places recommended by
Jane Brocket on her blog
http://yarnstorm.blogs.com/jane_brocket/

Feel better and happy travels

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

I always visit the National Portrait Gallery when I'm in London. They usually have really interesting exhibits and the permanent collection is good too. It's right off Trafalgar Square, so there's lots to see on the way there as well.

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

So sorry to hear about the kidney stones!
I have experienced that too, so I know what it is like!
Thank´s for the LOVELY card with the sock monkey!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR DEAR TAYLOR!
Love
Becky

Kelly Kilmer said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!
I'd pop over to Book Row in a heartbeat!