Sunday, May 15, 2011

half glad


Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine started out wonderful on Friday with a movie, jasmine smelling and good talks and laughs. Saturday was great too, going to the farmer's market, eating a delicious mini salad with feta cheese and walnuts and just hanging out with a great friend. I think we both had a good time despite unpredictable weather, lives, and circumstances.
I finished my bracelet but don't think it came out that well. The glass beads are too big for my wrist and it's all topsy turvy. OOps I forgot to show you the other side with the stone. Maybe next time. Wonder what shall happen to it. Definitely a man's bracelet but would a man even wear such a thing?
I went to the beach yesterday at at round 6 PM. The tide was very high and there were white caps galore. It was quite invigorating and reminded me that I need to get outside more and walk around to enjoy the beauty of South Carolina. The wind was whipping around and then I got behind some shrubs and it settled. It was comforting here hearing the wind and knowing how something as small as those shrubs could protect me. I took pictures, but somehow I guess I didn't. At least this picture came out and reminds me of my time spent there. Windy yet calm.

Hope everyone has a good week.


4 comments:

laurie said...

oooo, you are so lucky to be close enough to the beach to visit! sounds like a wonderful weekend.

jone hallmark said...

You are really living your life these days, Taylor. I can feel your spirit through your posts - you seem happy and relaxed.
I like your page about the sun on your face and love the skirt you were wearing at the beach.

All good....and peaceful.
xo

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend,
I can tell that from your writing and your art!
You´ve really found your style, like it very much!
XX
Becky

Lisa said...

Good job finishing the bracelet. If the beads are too big...just cut them off and add smaller ones. I would think about antiquing the wire so it is not such a contrast. Some smaller silver beads..or beads in multi colors...bronze, copper, pewter. The possibilities are endless.