Saturday, April 16, 2011

Only full of black and white





This is the black and white book I started in Misty's class at Artfest. I have not written anything in it yet and it isn't finished (what is?) but I knew if I waited until I finished it you may never see it. I carved this stamp of me and Chloe. It's from a picture that is on my blog, but Chloe looks a lot older in this version. can you find the Eiffel tower stamp that i carved? I really love working in black and white. There was some amazing work in this class.
Spring break has begun and I am so glad about that. Somehow I managed to wake up at 6:30 AM today in celebration, I guess.
I am so proud that my lovely Chloe was selected to be in the high school art show. Her collage turned out really nice. She even had some shading in her picture. Ah if only she were interested in the visual arts- or any of the arts...
I guess I need to get busy soon and finish my bracelet. Pictures next time of what I managed to purchase in Seattle. Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

Kelly Kilmer said...

Love this!!

Huge congrats, Chloe

Yay to Spring Break!!

PaperPumpkin said...

I just LOVE your black and white work here!!! This is amazing!

jone hallmark said...

I think that the page with the doilly-like image and the little bird stamp.....is WONderFuL!
Nice Eiffel Tower, too.

Great work, Miss Taylor...
xo

Renee said...

Love your B/W journal . . . makes me want to work in mine but alas no time to do anything but stitch and write and that's my lame excuse for not emailing!
; - /

Diane Foster said...

Everything looks better in black and white! Im a real colour fiend about most things but I love monochrome graphics - Taylor the Black and White Journal is FABULOUS - its gentler somehow isnt it! And the really black blacks are so lovely - i could look at these pages for ages and keep seeing something new
xxDI