Saturday, April 30, 2011

More than half in love with orange



I love these pinch pots that the second graders made. I think it was the color selection. The orange makes me so happy. I had to make my own after I saw how these came out. The colors are even more vivid (and shiny as the kids keep saying) in person, but these pots have already eagerly been taken home. I haven't loved orange this much since I asked my mom if I could paint my walls orange as a child( answer: no.) The other classes used different glaze colors which came out nice too but not like these winners.


The jasmine smell is still enveloping me with calm. Every time I go outside it is there to welcome me. My new neighborhood should have been called something like Jasmine Hollow.

Alas my fellow teachers have corrected me that now we have 5 weeks left of school. I can not believe I have no travel plans this summer. Well... I am going to AZ in August which will be fun since I get to stay with my favorite Renee, but no 12 hours on an airplane trips and sifting through different languages and/or currency. There are many choices, but not sure why nothing is materializing. Who knows maybe I'll go to Italy at the last moment. You can never go wrong in Italy.

2 comments:

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

Now that you have your own home....
let's do it....paint the walls orange..or maybe not...:)
Lovely new pages!
BeckyXX

Lorraine said...

Love the artwork Nd colors!! Happy mother's Dayt to you dear friend!!!