Saturday, March 12, 2011

An Ellen full

This posting all has to do with my friend Ellen. I met Ellen because we were both going to Artfest one year(years ago it seems) and were on the yahoo artfest group. We decided to meet before Artfest and than discovered we were taking the same plane to Seattle. Ellen is probably my only art friend in South Carolina and she is always making cool stuff in many media- even food. Last Sunday I went over to her house and played around with free motion sewing. I finally caught on to the technique. These are my first two trys. Still working on the woman(my Aunt Leda). Not sure if I should have filled in the hair or not. It sort of looks more like Ellen than my Aunt with the hair filled in.
And then while I was at her house I just had to take a photo of her beautiful buttons that I will lust over until eternity.

And guess what.. Ellen's husband Ed is an artist too. He is an excellent painter but is good at most anything artistic. Her made me this rabbit. I think it's pretty cool. Oh and he is just as nice as Ellen (but not as good in the kitchen).
Thanks Ellen (and Ed) for being such a wonderful friend.

4 comments:

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

"Free motion sewing" is a new expression to me!
Sounds very inspirational,
I think you did very well!
By the way I'm also a Ben&Jerry girl;)
Have a great weekend
Becky

PaperPumpkin said...

ooooh, Bunny and button love...!♥

jone hallmark said...

I think that free motion sewing is your medium - Oh My!
Those are wonderful! I am so intimidated by it....but you seem to have taken to it immediately - first time out! Oh Taylor, I adore the bunny especially. I think that your Aunt Lena is great, too, but that bunny..... .......wow....

inspiring!

Diane Foster said...

I LOVE THE FREE-STYLE SEWING TAYLOR YOU MUST, MUST, MUST KEEP AT THIS - IT GOES SO WELL WITH YOUR DRAWING STYLE! FANTASTIC
XX
DI