Sunday, December 12, 2010

sewfull again



Here they are... part of my finished sewing creations. The rest will be up next week. Had a Coldplay marathon as I sewed. It started with one song but kept on going on the Ipod. Songs I hadn't even played in awhile. Good sewing music.

The second photo shows the backs of the characters. It's kind of like a rough version of patchwork. As my Violet Pantry friends know (and probably everyone else) I am a sloppy, not exact artist so these definitely have my trademark style on them.

These are my classroom sock monkeys. Each has it's own name and personality. The student of the day for each class gets to pick one for sock monkey entertainment. Each monkey has his/her own repertoire of amusements. Yogi's head bop and the twins' dances are the most popular these days. Yes, I could be going off the deep end but it's fun. Last week of school for two weeks. Wish us teachers luck. Toodles.

3 comments:

jone hallmark said...

TAYLOR! I love your little people!
They are fantastic - you are sooooo inspired!

and the Sock Monkeys! OMG! You must be such a fun teacher - would love to be a fly on the wall in one of your classes sometime.....

you are alomost done with school - how's it going?

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

Wow Taylor!
You have been so busy and creative, your dolls are so cool!
XX
Becky

danielle hanson said...

Yes! I love the dolls...they have jumped off your pages and look so wonderful as 3D softies...magnificent! You have been so busy...I know how difficult it is to work all day then come home and try to create. But you are achieving...you are very inspiring!
Dxxxx