Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 full



Ah the last post for 2010. Hope your year was great. Sad to see 2010 go since I like writing that number but 2011 may have better things to offer so I'm welcoming it in with a big hello.
Worked on journal pages today and tried to think about lesson plans. I feel like I have not been in school for months. Once I return I am sure that feeling will quickly disappear. Self portraits with the first graders the first week will be jolly fun.

My Moo cards came and I love them. Here is a picture of some of them lined up on my art table. They look bigger than they actually are. I can't wait to give them out to people.

Had a fun time visiting my friend Nada(talkalatte) in Charlotte. I can't believe how much snow was still on the ground when I got there. Nada is Italian and she made a tremendous tiramisu and veggie lasagna for her re-gift party. We had fun going to IKEA and Trader Joe's (scrumptious flat bread pizza with mushrooms and black truffles. So earthy tasting. I want more).
Two more days before school and I have books aplenty to read. Right now it's the Emperor of all Maladies (A Biography of Cancer) which is pretty interesting.
Hope y'all have a great first day of 2011 tomorrow. I will be back soon.

2 comments:

jone hallmark said...

Happy New Year, Taylor.
I think that you have made beautiful progress through this year - through your journal.....and your "people" are charming...truly!

And, I really like your journal page at the top of this post....soooo nice.

Another year - here we come!
I am ready for change - something fresh from a new perspective......

Maybe our paths will cross this year?
xo

Di said...

HEY TAYLOR!
I LOVE YOUR JOURNAL PAGES - I REALLY LOVE A FRAGMENT AND ANYTHING THAT RELATES TO ANTHROPOLOGIE AT ALL IS FINE BY ME - HAD MY FIRST ANTHROPOLOGIE SHOP IN BOSTON - IM HOOKED!!
PRAY TELL WHAT IS A MOO CARD???
YOU'VE INSPIRED ME TO TRY MY HAND AT A JOURNAL IN 2011 WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I GET ON!
XX
DI