Monday, October 11, 2010

New yawlk full




Back from our New York City weekend. We had a great time and the weather was wonderful. Spent a lot of time walking around and shopping. I did the most damage within the first hour of getting into the city when we hit the Japanese bookstore. Oh boy that was heavy duty. I couldn't even think how to rationalize it, I just had to do it.
Later we walked over to Soho and went into Bloomingdales so my friends could purchase some new make up. Some how they got me involved and I actually am now the proud owner of three make-up products. Who knows, maybe on our next trip I will get a hair make over. Chloe would be happy about that.

Lorraine wanted top spend some time photographing so I managed to take a few pictures myself, but not many. I am anxious to see her pictures. I took a photo of this cute pink door near NYU at Washington Mews. It reminds me of France.

The restaurant we ate at on Friday night was so loud that we couldn't even hear each other so we mostly ate in silence(very sad). I'd tell you the name but we are trying to forget it- permanently.
Luckily, the next morning Renee spotted a cute restaurant, Le Pain Quotidien, which became our most favorite. Just look at this granola! We also discovered there are quite a few in the city (and elsewhere) but of course not South Carolina. I am still trying to figure out how such a nice cafe can also have so many branches and nothing near me.
Saturday night, first we had a slice (of pizza) and then waited on line at Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes. They were really delicious. I was the only one who managed to make mine last longer than 10 minutes. I wish I had taken a photo of mine.
We managed to visit many of the wonderful shopping spots such as anthropologie, Tinsel Trading, Purl Soho (fell head over heels in love with some $70 a skein cashmere), ABC, the lomography store, and Renee's favorite Muji.
Aren't Renee and Lorraine the cutest? We got rather gloomy towards Sunday knowing our trip would be over but we are thinking of a new place.
The worst part of the trip was getting on my flight home and finding out it was cancelled after listening to the flight attendants tell us we all needed to be seated so we could take off. That made 250 passengers trying to deplane and find a way to Atlanta at the same time. It was insane. There was nothing to Charleston and I needed to get back to work today (finding a sub is not as sweet as a cupcake) so I flew into Columbia, SC and rented a car for the two hour drive. Gotta love air travel.
Thanks for reading about my travels to NYC. Let me know where you suggest for the next week-end trip.

1 comment:

PaperPumpkin said...

I'm still hopeful about getting to see NYC next year. What did you get at the Japanese Bookstore?! Sounds fun!