Sunday, October 31, 2010

never too full of vermont


Seems like months since I was in Vermont. And it has been, but still I want to post these now ancient pictures since it is so beautiful at Anne's house and I always have such a wonderful time. Anne lives the life I wish I had, but could probably never handle with all those chickens and snow plowing and weeding... I get to go and pretend it is my life for a few days. She pretty much laughs at me and my non-rural skills while I am there (especially my complaining about mosquitos in the house).
Anne makes bagels that sell out within the hour she drops them off. Here are some she was making in her kitchen. Very tasty at any time of the day.
Funny when I tried to get my chicken shots the hens and roosters were not very thrilled. They kept walking away from me as I got closer to them so this is the best I could do.
One night I got to sleep in the milk room a few yards from the house. It was pretty incredible sleeping there with the noises of the country and the moon shinning down. Almost like camping, but no tent.

I've been reading a lot about blogs and how it is best to have some type of theme or subject you stick to so you don't confuse your readers, like all art or all cooking. I am sorry readers, but I obviously don't do that. Thanks for sticking with me when you don't know what you will be reading or seeing from week to week. Think of It as a potpourri of unpredictable accounts from this most likely ADD blogger.

Ah I am in love with a house. It is white with blue trim. I will have to take a photo of it this week. The only problem is that I am sure it is way out of my budget (as most things are out of my budget- even a new bike), but I just feel this is the house I should be in, so I am trying to figure out how I can buy it. Any ideas? Yeah I know, if you knew you would be doing it...Still it is my new dream. I guess I should go look inside of it
Since this was a surprise post I guess I should say goodbye. Thanks for stopping by. Have a good week and of course remember to vote.

2 comments:

annelab said...

you can't see any of the cobwebs in these photos.

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

Vermont looks like a paradise,
"english countrystyle" feeling!

(Kids in school have made the monkey drawings,
they really enjoyed it)

XX
Becky