Sunday, September 19, 2010

sorrowfull



Had to take a break from travel. Here are two pages side by side in my journal. Love the color. Oops the other one is at the end of the post.
Today is the memorial for my Aunt Leda who died in August. She was my last female relative on that was still alive and she lived in South Carolina. I miss her and being able to talk to her, travel, go out to dinner and hear her opinions on just about everything. These are all the women on my Mom's side except Chloe and I. My Mom is on the left and Leda on the right. My grandmother is in the foreground and our beloved Aunt Dot in the back. Many happy times as a child visiting them in Greenwich Village. They always wanted to feed me and play cards. My grandmother liked to take us to the Lower East side for bargains and pickles and then we would go to Chinatown and watch the dancing chicken. I wish my own kids could have had those experiences. My Aunt Leda was the closest they had to an active grandparent and I thank her for that.

6 comments:

jone hallmark said...

wow......what a special thing for you to share these beautiful women with us....
I love that photograph - they were so happy!

You have "good stuff" in you, Taylor, a great legacy.
And you can share your stories with your children. Remember that you have given them their own stories to keep close to their hearts......

I will light my candle for your Aunt Lena today.....
xo

jone hallmark said...

I didn't mention your journal.....
It is stunning! I think the color and the drawings are beautiful....you are definitely in a good rhythm.

I'll be thinking about you today...
xo

jone hallmark said...

oh man......I will light the candle for Leda, not Lena.
My deepest apologies for the typo.

xo

Kelly Kilmer said...

I am so sorry about your Aunt...sending many hugs...

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

Beautiful and strong women! Thank´s for sharing!

Love your new pages!

I will have a little show in the lounge of a theater on Manhattan,
I don´t know exactly when and where yet.
It´s a chance that this could happen when you´re in town, I promise to get back to you as soon as I know more!!!!
Lucky you to get to New York, how far is it from where you are living?

XX
Becky

danielle hanson said...

what a lovely photo Taylor, and don't the women in your life look wonderful...You are so right about being lucky to have had those cherished days with them, hopefully our children will say the same of us?
Your ma looks very cool, and Aunt Leda looks strong.
I love the bluebell blue you are using and as Jone remarked it does look as if you are on a roll,
Have you done a sketchbook page celebrating the women in your life?
Dxx