Sunday, August 8, 2010

full-o-Roma





Ah Roma, Roma what a busy city. Not my favorite, but I loved seeing the massive ruins everywhere. It was like being on a movie set. Walk down a side street and see a huge broken column just sitting there. Roma also had beautiful shoes.

I didn't get to the doll hospital in Naples, but my friend Ellen told me about this place in Rome. I walked by and tried to go inside. The man said he did not sell anything, but I asked if I could look around inside. I think he said yes and I didn't think I should take pictures. No doll arms to buy, but this window was intense. More unloved dolls- wait until you see my Paris collection. I guess I collected pictures of dogs and dolls on this trip.

This is the swanky hotel I stayed at in Rome. All the rooms were quite beautiful. I had trouble regulating the showers though and one night managed to flood the whole bathroom. I'm glad I wasn't kicked out.

This picture of me by the fountain has a twin. The other picture is of me when I was 6 in front of the same fountain. (I think it is called Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) I will scan it soon so you can see how I have grown. There was also a trip to the Vatican where I somehow developed some sleep illness and don't remember much about the 2 hour tour except it rained that day. I did enjoy the Sistine Chapel and hearing the guards fruitlessly tell the crowds no talking. Brought back to me my teaching days. Other sights were also seen in Rome and a good meal was had at Hostaria Del Moro in Trastevere. The mushrooms were incredible.
It seems so long ago that I was in Italy. Now school is ready to start and beautiful summer is ending for me.
I haven't forgotten about my gifts. Just a bit busy right now They will be back soon as well as Venice, Paris (10 days worth) and Vermont. Until than Ciao Bellas.

2 comments:

Renee said...

are you sure that bed wasn't in the palace at Versailles? the bed looks bigger than the whole apt in Paris! LOL

jone hallmark said...

oh, I think these photos make Roma look pretty fab.
it is just a big, dirty city, though, isn't it?
...sigh.......

love your room in Roma and am looking forward to seeing the photo of you at 6 in front of the fountain...

xo