Saturday, August 21, 2010

artyfull

Okay guys I'd say it is time for some more art on this blog so here is a big dose(or as big as you are going to get right now.) I know we still have Paris (lots and lots of Paris) and Vermont with some beautiful chicken pictures, but you will just have to be patient.
First page above is my secret page. It has secrets all around it, but I'll never tell.

This page is about my gaga over the saints these days. I feel the need to adopt my own saint. In Italy they are all portrayed so beautifully and look so different. Any ideas which one would be fitting for me?

This is the never ending stitching project that is a gift to someone. They may be in their 70s by the time I finish it. I know I don't have that much to do on it, but it seems to be a struggle. Chloe's orthodontist thinks I'm a sewing fanatic when the truth is I'm always bringing the same project.
Ah I am a working gal again as school has begun. I have decided to do my own 1000 journals project(but more like 5 journals) with my students. I am excited about it. Just have to find time to do the first pages of all the journals so they get the idea.
And that's about it until we meet in Paris. Au revoir.

5 comments:

Renee said...

LOVE your secret page . . . the saints page is wonderful too. What a GREAT idea to do a 1000 journals project with your students . . . not sure how it can be really be 5 journals but I'm sure you will share with us.

Renee said...

oh and the stitching project is really nice too - you only have as little as ten years for some people to make that deadline!

PaperPumpkin said...

I just LOVE your Rome-Saints page! Beautiful! Secrets...♥ I too am a teacher getting ready to go back to the classroom and have decided this summer to do art journaling with my students this year. Mine are only in second grade but are learning to write...so I am hoping my enthusiasm and love for visual journaling and writing inspires the reluctant writers, and all of my students, to love journaling...How are you getting started with the basics, if you don't mind me asking...?! Best to you. ~Kathy

Lisa said...

Wow...lovely stitching project.

jone hallmark said...

I think that doing journals with your students is a GREAT idea! They will love it.
But, I also have to say that I think your stitching is looking magnificent.
I think that I need to start one of those, too...you are an inspiration, my friend!

xo