Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Full of Kentucky

Hey gang,
I'm back. Had a great time in Kentucky. Here are Marilyn and I with part of dog Phoebe outside her house. When I got to Marilyn's, she surprised me with two vases of peonies in the guest room. How did she know I love peonies so much? They were beautiful.

The next day we went on a shoe mission for my trip to Italy. We ended up at the Zappo outlet. Whoa they had a lot of shoes but not as many as we thought. It is hard NOT to find shoes there, but still no perfect shoes.


The next day started out with a garage sale at her friend Gaye's basement. Gaye is a talented artist with an amazing studio. Hubahuba. At the sale she had a lot of cheap junk. Stuff I don't need but bought anyway. (see first things photo).


Later we devoted the rest of the day to antique malls (see above second things photo) and saw many goodies and a few scary things. People left and right are unloading their clown stuff it seems. Yikes. Isn't that pink tablecloth divine? My new profile picture shows the dress I saw at the Crazy Daisy last year but didn't purchase. Well it was still there so I decided I better just get it. Where I will wear it I do not know...
All in all we had a great time. I wish I could go back today...
School is almost over- yippee and how much Italian have I learned? nada or better yet- niente.
No gift this week but I will have one by the weekend. Have to catch up on a few things. Hope everyone is well and playing with paint.
Arrivederci

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great picture of you smiling with eyes open. I love your top.

jone hallmark said...

I think that picture of you with your sweet friend is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen of you! .... ........soooo happy and relaxed.

As far as shoes go, save your money and buy them in Italia!!! What are you thinking?!
Seriously, they have the most beautiful shoes there. DO save up, though, cause it is an investment. I don't think you will regret it, though.

xo

jone hallmark said...

OMG! I just clicked on the "dress" in your profile -
LOVE IT!!!!!!!
And you look awesome in it! Take it with you to Italy....soooo sophisticated.....

xo

Renee said...

I love your top too. VERY CUTE! What a fun trip!
xoxx R