Thursday, April 1, 2010

Full time at Artfest


Phew, I bet you guys missed me, didn't you? Well I am back from my quick trip to Artfest in Port Townsend, Washington. I had a great time seeing all my art friends and laughing about. Here are my Paris amies Lisa and Renee, plus Lorraine (in green coat) who refuses to go because she claims she only wants to go to Italy. (Lorraine, why didn't you tell me that?). Also got to see Jill, meet a new friend Amy and see Lisa B. for about 5 minutes at the Nina crowd-a-thon. Surprised Marilyn with the apron and spent a short time with her and Britta. There's never enough time at Artfest. Maybe glass beach will happen next year....

This is basically all I bought plus two other short pieces of velvet ribbon, two small frozen Charlottes and an old flower drawing book.( The beautiful decorative ribbon was a gift from Lorraine.) Can you believe this is my haul? I only spent nineteen dollars are vendor night. I am proud of myself. At Kino-buy-it-all I put down 5 books I wanted. (This was especially good since I already owned two of them). I am adoring the Japanese fashions and am trying to figure out how to create them at home. I may have to become a seamstress. (that's a laugh and a half).
It's spring break now and guess what I will be doing? Yup , National Board since a certain Ms did not get to that yet. ho hum. Stay tuned, next time I shall show what I made at Artfest. (It's not like I can post pictures of my National Board anyway so it's good I have extra stuff to show.)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I am sooo looking forward to Paris. Who will be taking our group shot?

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

It seems like you had a greta time, YES I missed you!
Happy Easter
Becky

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

Oops I meant great time!
Becky

Evoke-Designs by Lorraine said...

You crack me up!

libertystar said...

Ditto what Lorraine said & Lisa too! I think a real Parisian should take our photo. Maybe we can have a contest - tell them it's a reality show audition - to see which Parisian can take the BEST photo of us! oui oui mes amies!

jone said...

Hope it was a wonderful ArtFest.
Did you meet my pal, Julie Haymaker Thompson?
I think she was to teach there this time.
She has always told me how fabulous ArtFest is and has recommended it to me.
Guess I'll have to join you there sometime, Taylor.

Have a magnificent Spring Break!
Hope the weather cooperates and that you are able to indulge in a bit of Creative Time...
xo