Sunday, January 3, 2010

Not full of Art


Greetings,
I am afraid the only thing I have made and completed since last time is this New Years Eve bread. It has a crusty crust which I love. The best thing about it was that for the rising I had to bring the dough up to my bedroom (hee hee I made a typo and wrote bread room) because it was too cold in the kitchen and all night I would get whiffs of the sweet yeasty scent (unfortunately at times I have a nose like a pig snorting out truffles) but this smell was lovely. The bread was baked the next day for another wonderful aroma. It's really good toasted and easy to make.
I have been working like mad on several projects. The apron is almost done and will be in the next blog pictures with the completed scarf. Remains of the Day books still in process.
Okay readers, I need your help. See these two shirts:
Well I would really like some more(these two are kind of tight.) I am not sure where or how to get them but any leads would greatly be appreciated and even be rewarded with a little gift. Back in high school (so they are vintage) my friend Laura and I use to find them at the Challenge Industries thrift store (all you could fit in a paper bag for a dollar) in Ithaca, New York and we had quite a few. Mine disappeared when my Mom's house was sold and I have such a longing for them. They usually have a peter pan collar and are often sleeveless.
It's back to school for me tomorrow. Cold bus duty at 7 AM and hopefully some fun. I have a new huge box of collage stuff that I am sure the kiddos will devour with glee.
Thanks once again for taking the time to visit my blog. I promise the next time will be more artsie. Please leave a comment so I can visit your blog and see what you are up to.
P.S. Did you guys notice I added my photo to the blog. ooh


3 comments:

lisa said...

You are funny!

Francesca Di Leo said...

Hi Taylor.. nice to meet you!

I'll post in a few my experience with my hair..

I'm still on that. I have a hair appointment tomorrow if I'm feeling up for it. I've been put off because I've been sick with strep throat, fever, ugh.. so needless to say, I'm a little behind in posting.. thanks for asking though!!

I always thought I'd just let it go gray, but now that it's very visible, I'm kinda feeling like it's needs to go.

I'll keep you posted.

btw, love your ROD cover...just beautiful.

Francesca

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

The bread looks really tasty;)
Have a nice weekend!