Monday, September 7, 2009

A bit Full of Baklava

Hi Friends,
Can't remember if I have shown these purses I made or not. I need to get back into the swing of making more of them. Right now, I am getting stumped on these small velvet bracelets I am trying to create. They are harder than I thought. I have to learn to cut, hand, and draw evenly.
Wanted to let you know I tried this great easy recipe last night: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/baklava-cups-recipe/index.html(no real link here- Don't know how to do that yet)
I watched it on the food channel while I was on the treadmill. I don't usually watch this show but they looked good and the cook kept saying how delish (well I guess that would be Rachel Ray) and easy they were and sure enough they actually were. Only thing is that after you make them they are suppose to spend at least 5 hours in the fridge. I couldn't wait and snuck a taste before that and they were good then too. They are like baklava without the trouble. Too bad I am trying to cut down on junk food.
Lisa A (not to be confused with Lisa B or Lisa C) recommended a DVD that I really enjoyed called Arranged. It had a nice level of subtle humor in it and was really good. Making the baklava and then watching the DVD could be a good combo.
Well it's back to school for me tomorrow and more work on the tricky bracelets. Tra la la.

1 comment:

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

Baklava, very sweet and very nice!