Thursday, July 16, 2009

Full of Stuff




I know, I know...what you have been waiting for- the stuff.
Okay I will start with what I made- not too much, but that was okay. I did learn how to make a french knot after 18 tries and that was a great achievement. I had trouble creating anything that I really liked except this very rough bracelet that looks like a long rectangle in the picture. Julie showed us all how to make the fabric flowers and I love the way mine came out. I have started making a few more since I got back. My doll reminds of a marshmallow headed caveman. Not my best.




What I got...

These are my favorite things that I bought in Paris. Mostly books of course. My beautiful doll help that I bought from Julie is leaning against the shopping bag but she is hard to see. I will have to showcase her a different time.
I had a little shirt frenzy in Paris.
These shirts were quite inexpensive and four were actually purchased at the same store right next door to our hotel. Also during the workshop market day I bought a white skirt and some white bloomer pants.















And now the sad part.
What I wanted to buy but wasn't able to. (Actually there was more but I didn't get to photograph them). Sam bought Rose Rabbit from Julie and I just adore her (and Sam too) and Margo beat me to this cute little dress made by Katie our hostess .
The colors are much better than this picture portrays. It had my name on it (kidding) so I am not sure how Margo managed to get it before me. It looks like a shirt, but on me it was a dress. Anyway Margo has been very nice about the whole thing and the most special part of my rough looking bracelet is that I found a small piece of the dress fabric in the rag pile and stitched it to the inside of the bracelet. Oh Sam also got some beautiful rose fabric from Katie that I had admired. That woman is quick...
And there you have it...
Don't forget about the drawing for a French
souvenir. I don't know Lisa, you may be a three time winner. (then Kelly may think the whole thing is rigged.) I think there may be more people visiting my blog then I think there are. Please leave me a comment so I know you came to visit. It will really make me happy to know who has come to visit. au revoir.
PS. My blog set up looked so nice in preview but looks awful as a post. I am not sure how to fix it. I have tried but it still looks so blah and disconnected. oh well, I tried.

7 comments:

Renee said...

you are so funny . . . I always feel like we are sitting in one of the little ArtFest cells visiting as I read your posts! Always charming!

xoxx, R

Lisa said...

I love the top you purchased on top...linen with ruffles? I hadn't heard of the artist you went to see...but"ll check out her site.

Vintage Fairy Tales Rebecka said...

Hi Taylor!
I love the things you created during the workshop!
Rose Rabbit was one of my favourites too,
but we know she has a good home now!
Have a nice weekend
Becky

Evoke-Designs by Lorraine said...

Okay, I caught up on the reading. I love the pics! I had dinner last night with some friends, so I didn't get time to upload pics, but I will tonight...just for you!

:0)

margo tantau said...

Your things look GREAT...please, pictures of the other flowers soon! and i love the bracelet. now that i see how my arms look in the dress/top, you may be getting it SOONER!!! ;o)

sam said...

I bought a very similar bag in Paris - how funny! And I love the shirts you bought too, I think we do indeed have very similar tastes! By the way, your post looks great on my monitor...

Jill Holmes said...

I'm glad you had a great time. And I can truly say that I feel like your BFF when reading your blog...