Thursday, June 11, 2009

FULL OF PINK (or.. it's all about me)

Here are some pink stories because you know I adore pink. This is my new pink bike. I stopped my membership at the gym (at least for this month) so I bought a bike instead but the workout is not the same. I tried running outside- tres chaud and now I am without a good exercise plan but the proud owner of a pink bike. Actually a little friend of mine has clung on to this bike so I actually had to ride the clunker to Publix yesterday and she rode the Rolls Royce. Predictable.




Over here I have two stores in one. First off the pink box. I don't know why I took it other than it was pink. I was at Costco. They even asked me, did I need a box and I said no, but upon leaving the store I saw this lovely pink box and couldn't resist. Only a pink lover would take an empty pink box without any purpose in mind. And yes I still have the box sitting around.
I found this cowboy sock monkey in my drawer by accident. I was looking for something to wear and I found this wrapped up tissue paper thing. I opened it and inside was this cowboy. I am sure I must have bought it but have no recollection of when and why. I wasn't so sickly monkey crazed then. Cowboy monkey had fun in school shaking hands and talking cowboy talk. One little girl (Angelina Jolie- no kidding) finally brought him in a toy horse because he was getting tired of riding the cat someone made in the 3D sculpture center.

Not pink news: here is the sock monkey I just finished. I think I am giving it to Natlelie Lete in Paris when I meet her but I will need to accessorize her. She is small and obviously handmade. It will be hard to part with her, but I shall.
For those of you thinking I am already in Paris so you do not have to correspond with me... wrong. I leave on June 26 and will be back on July 8 so there is still plenty of time to send me messages, treats, cupcakes, sock monkeys, books, the works. I'll be waiting...


5 comments:

Kelly Kilmer said...

Love love love the bike!! LOVE the sockey monkey too!!!!

Granny Jan said...

Aw, that little cowboy sock monkey is sooo adorable! Of course, I may be partial because I live on Sock Monkey Ranch and he looks like he would fit in perfectly here!

Drop by sometime: www.sockmonkeyranch.com

sophities said...

Have a ball..you will love it!!!!!

edina said...

Hi Taylor!

Thanks for visiting my blog. That's great that you're going to Paris, too! Let me know if you have any questions - we were there for 2 weeks so I've got lots of suggestions for places to eat, etc.

Bon Voyage,

Edina :)

Evoke-Designs by Lorraine said...

Let me know when you are back! I'm green with envy! :0>