Monday, April 27, 2009

Full of questions and a give away

Okay guys I am sooo frustrated and I want your advice about what you would do in this situation. 6 weeks ago, I signed up for an art workshop in LA for the weekend of May 8th. I bought my plane ticket, got my sub, etc and last night I got an email saying the class was being postponed until August. My $300+ plus airplane ticket is non refundable so I am out that money. It just doesn't seem fair. So tell me what you would do. (Kelly, I guess there won't be any Paris store once again.) There is a give away prize (no not the plane ticket, although I guess I won't need it). I'll randomly select one person from the comments for a cool surprise that I will send to you. Maybe felt related maybe not but it will be much better than my email news of last night.
In other events... should I renew my gym membership? Making a year commitment again is a hard thing for me. Maybe I should just run outside... but then again it is getting hot here.
Should I forget about National Boards?
When will a good movie come to Charleston?
Should I move to Italy? Portland? into an Airstream?
Seattle poppies and a hand drawing I did as an example for my Internet high school class are our fine images for today since I am not on my nice computer. I am on the dino and most of the pictures on it are by or of Chloe.
Thanks for hanging in there reading this none too thrilling blog post. I have some better stuff next time to capture- And just think I'll have an extra weekend to come up with more terrific tibids.
Throw caution to the wind and tell me what you would do so you can be entered in the give away drawing.


Kelly Kilmer said...

Oh no!!!!!!!!!! I am so very very sorry!!!!!!!!!!

What airline is it? Have you tried calling them and asking them if they can transfer the ticket even if you have to pay a penalty??? With what's going on $$ wise for everyone, it may be worth a shot...

Did they say why the workshop was being postponed???

Sadly, you are not the only friend that this has happened to with this workshop venue. I am so sorry!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is the WORST! I agree with Kelly - you should call the airlines to see if it can be transferred to another flight even if it says non-refundable.

Also you should post the workshop venue so people are aware of what happened. THat is not even two weeks notice! There should be more of an explanation for canceling it. Are you getting a refund for the workshop?

Love your hand drawing - pretty colors, nice doodles.
yes to the gym membership
national boards?
what kind of movie do you like?
hmmmm . . . Italy so I can come visit you
were there more questions?

wish I could help . . . but since I can't I am VERY sad!

Kelly Kilmer said...

Oh yeah, you had better be getting a full refund no questions asked on the workshop!

Lisa said...

Hmm..when signing up is there anything about the fact they can cancel? I find that strange...they should refund your class and then let you take the class in August for free. this will hopefully give you a net loss of 0? If you can't transfer your ticket.

email me what workshop this is and a gooood lesson to ask before registering for these smaller workshops about their cancellation policy.

Jill Holmes said...

I say you get a FULL refund for the workshop and then go to LA anyway if you can't get a good deal from the airline. Take some journal stuff or your favorite art materials and go play tourist, eat at good restaurants and journal about the fun you had when your workshop got cancelled unexpectedly.

Keep the gym membership...