Sunday, November 23, 2008

Full of Fabric


Meet Otis and his girl. A parent at my school saw them at the antique mall and brought them to me at school. I leave all the sock monkeys at school for lots of fun. Some kids say, "How many of those do you have?" Otis has his name sewn onto his leg and a tail like a squirrel. I adore his girl. She will get a name soon. They are old timers.
The third graders are funny. On Friday we play art term Bingo and if they win they can chose a mini sticker or a hug from the sock monkey (the striped one) and even the boys pick the hug. One third grade girl is arranging a play date with my sock monkey and her stuffed cow. Ah if only I   could play sock monkey all day...

Saturday I got into some fabric trouble. Those of you that have a fabric problem like me will know what kind of trouble I am talking about. I  went to just get a bit of amy butler fabric to create an amy butler sock monkey and well.. they had a lot of good stuff. They kept asking me what I  was making, but I wasn't sure other than a monkey dress. Ah sock monkey adventures. I went to this fishing and  hunting store because the red heeled sock company said they sold the socks there... well they didn't but imagine the salesman's surprise when he asked me if I needed them for a hunting trip and I said, "No, to make a sock monkey." Ah classic look. 
I am very excited to have three days off this week. Such plans. Hope everyone has a splendid Thanksgiving.






























5 comments:

Lisa said...

Otis and Myrtle...Gladys. I like Olive. I understand your fabric problem oh too well my friend:) Can't wait to see the sock monkey dress.

Kelly Kilmer said...

OMG TOTAL TOTAL Sock Monkey LOVE!!!!!

Evoke-Designs by Lorraine said...

Oh, I love the sock monkies and the fabric is to die for!!! Hope you are havng a good week Taylor!

lannyt said...

I have the same problem......I cant browse my favorite store called www.iluvfabrix.com without buying something.

Lanny

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Taylor I love your Sock Monkey!!! How's every one???
Have a happy Holiday Season ..Enjoy those beautiful kiddos...J