Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Full of California


I'm back. Finally have unpacked and bought a minimal amount of food for everyone. I had a great time in San Francisco. Here I am before the Frida show. It was great. We got there early and really missed the crowds. When I went back to revisit a few favorites I could see the real jam up in the galleries. 
Aside from the Frida show I got to spend time with my friend Lloyda and her darling husband Dan. I took her around shopping which was fun since she says she never goes shopping. Went to Needles and Pins in the Mission. Lots of cool zines there. Also Laku which has really cute stuff (especially for kids) on Valencia.
Berkeley was fun too. Loads of good eating and my favorite bread of all time- Acme. Didn't go by my house there but took pictures of my two apartments in SF. One was looking really good, but the other looked a bit run down. Did lots of walking up hills. So much I could feel it in my calves and shins for two days afterwards.



And now what you have been waiting for. Thanks to everyone who entered the give away. Riley picked the folded papers with the names on them and our winner is evoke-designs by lorraine. Lorraine, send me your new address for your give away. Lorraine is the winner of either a cool Japanese scarf or two zines by Nicole Georges. I love her zines. . Here is a picture of the scarf.



Well I'm feeling very art inspired now so I hope I  will be able to make some super stuff- especially looking to do some drawing. Tomorrow however will be a day sorting out my new classroom(wish me luck on that one)  My new friend Emily has volunteered to help me. She loves packing, unpacking and organizing. Can you believe it?
More pictures next time.
Thanks for saying hey.

4 comments:

Sweet Petunia said...

Sounds like you had fun:) Not sure how I missed entering for your drawing...but I'll be sure to enter next time.

Judy Wise said...

What a fun blog! I have a pattern for an apron that I'm dying to get to (yes, pockets galore!) and I love your journal pages and arty photos. I'll be back to visit. xo

Evoke-Designs by Lorraine said...

Yippee!! I NEVER win anything!

16611 Morgan Hill Trail
Austin, TX 78717

I didn't realize you went to see the Frida exhibit. That must have been really spectacular!!

I'll send an email later. Glad you had a great trip!

quitecontrary1977 said...

i saw the frida exhibit in london.. blew my mind!!! anyway, swing by my blog! i'm doing a giveaway...hello!!!! http://www.nowenteringmomville.blogspot.com