Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dry Day



Hey all,
Thanks for visiting me here at the blog. That's me with my favorite animal when I was young. I was obsessed with rabbits- no really, it was unreal. Every Easter I would hope for a real rabbit in the basket, but nope only chocolate ones. I wrote composition books full of rabbit family stories. I wish I still had them. I can still visualize one of these books. Now I just like these old fashion rabbit images with the big ears. I think it's the hares I like. 

Today was a pretty quiet day. Not a lot accomplished, but still not a lot lost. I made some very gooey brownies. I love when they are goopy and drippy. 

And now what you have all been waiting for... the drawing for the give away. Here's the prize:


Its a magnet copy of an art collage I made at an Anne Bagby class in Tennessee. The colors are actually much more muted but I didn't think the image would show up as well as light as it is, so I saturated the color. Actually it was Anne who got me to really try drawing people. It wasn't a drawing class, but we needed some images and I wanted to make the project my own so I drew these two girls that are still my favorite. I'll show you them some day. Thanks Anne for getting me started. I still think my people look a bit silly, but that's why I like them. They are just so fun.
Oops, I think I got off track. 
The winner of the two entries was Sweet Petunia- who I might mention had a birthday on Friday. Happy Birthday Limey. Hope you had a great one. Your gift will be in the mail this week. Thanks for playing. And remember all the rest of you, you gotta play to win.

5 comments:

Sweet Petunia said...

Yahoo...I have never won a blog give away so this is my first. Love it! The Wallpaper person from Anahata's class is great! So exciting to see some of your work. Have a great day!

edina said...

Just dropping by to say hello - Lisa told me about your new blog - looks great! :)

Kelly Kilmer said...

What a cutie!

So, was your best friend growing up named "Harvey"?

Shari said...

Congratulations on your new blog, Taylor! Love the hare, by the way!! Hugs, Shari

Anonymous said...

i too was obsessed with a small furry animal as a child. i cried when my youngest brother was born because i was convinced he would be a duck.